Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

faeth aircraft

Faeth Aircraft - I didn't know Daryl, but Foxbat owner Andrew Wood contributed to this story, which I think is a great example of pilots paying tribute to the pilot and his family.

Daryl's story is unique. His career was a police officer, but his passion was aviation. Darrell first flew gliders and after a few years his interests turned to light sport aircraft. Darrell was a teacher at the Adelaide Soaring Club (ASC) and was active in introducing new students to the wonders of aviation. Darrell was a passionate person when it came to aviation and education. This passion has been supported by his wife, Sue, who is a senior educator at ASC.

Faeth Aircraft

Faeth Aircraft

Darrell passed away in 2013. March 10th after a long battle with cancer and demanded that his ashes be flown over the flyfield that he had considered a part of his life for so many years. One year, his wife Sue organized a gathering of club members, family and friends to celebrate Daryl's wishes and released his ashes in a low, slow flight over the field. My offer to fly the Foxbat with another plane was accepted.

Sport Pilot 16 Sep 2012 By Recreational Aviation Australia

Needless to say I was a bit nervous about removing the Foxbat door because I wasn't sure how it would behave and how the plane would react flying too low and too slowly to allow enough time to release the ash. We did our first test drive and I must admit the plane handled perfectly but it was noisy and windy in the cabin with the passenger door closed!

After a successful test drive it's time for the real event. Bob Big Sue took over at Savannah and I took ASC CFI and Carl Faith at Foxbat. It was my turn to fly the right lane and land low and slow, a little to the left of the runway center line. It was the turn of Bob, a very experienced pilot, to join me on the right, at least 100 minutes away. Our passengers, Carl and Sue, fired the ash at the same time we were approaching the runway.

Everything went off without a hitch and we returned to the crowd waiting for souvenir photos. Honestly, volunteering for the event was easy because the Ingham family are amazing people who are incredibly supportive of a fledgling club and those who want to experience the thrill of flying, many times for the first time. After the service, many whispered: "So I wish, ashes in the field."

Sue placed a small plaque above the memorial at Darrell's family home that read, "Daryl, you're still flying!" My thoughts go out to Sue and her family, and I am so honored to be a part of celebrating Darrell's life and this special event. You must be a member of the Cessna 120-140 League to post new topics, reply to existing topics, or search this forum for information. Use the "Sign In" link in the red menu bar.

Brian's Flying Blog: September 2008

Hi, I am the new owner of an N140X that I bought at an insurance auction because it broke the right gear stalk at the rung hole when trying to land outside the airport. I haven't seen the plane in person yet and just got the logs yesterday. Records say the O-235 was overhauled last year and has a few STCs (tail knob, VG, fairing, etc).

The 140 is located north of Sacramento and I plan on driving from Tucson to get it next weekend. If anyone has a right driving leg, please let me know. I'd rather take him home on my feet than on my stomach.

Looks like a decent plane. It shouldn't be too hard to make repairs and hear back... Hey!

Faeth Aircraft

8305 wrote: ↑ Thursday 2018 September 06, 19:21 Hello. I am the new owner of an N140X that I bought at an insurance auction because it broke the right gear stalk at the notch mount hole when trying to land outside the airport. I haven't seen the plane in person yet and just got the logs yesterday. Records say the O-235 was overhauled last year and has a few STCs (tail knob, VG, fairing, etc). The 140 is located north of Sacramento and I plan on driving from Tucson to get it next weekend. If anyone has a right driving leg, please let me know. I'd rather take him home on my feet than on my stomach.

Faeth Aircraft On Vimeo

Message me if you haven't found the steering wheel yet? I may be able to refer you to a sale. (email is better than pm)

I got on a plane on Monday and flew back to Tucson today. Kenny Faith put me in gear. Picked it up on the way to Plain Parts where the plane is kept. Dennis couldn't load it for me, so I used a car floor jack, a cradle, and some straps to replace the broken drive stem and hoist the 140 onto the trailer. Unfortunately, the right wheel and brake were stolen from the scene. Otherwise it looks like a nice plane. The damage was minimal and Dennis did a professional job of dismantling it for his shop.

Bill faeth, mary faeth, kenny faeth aircraft parts, kenny faeth aircraft salvage, darlene faeth, hush puppies faeth, thad faeth, faeth aircraft salvage, frank faeth, faeth aircraft salvage sacramento, faeth, faeth aircraft parts

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code